What to expect
It is important to remember that while we are offering a fitness boot camp, we are also providing an intensely adventurous humanitarian experience. This is not a luxury vacation. It is not for the faint of heart, but for those that seek adventure and want to completely immerse themselves in a different culture . We will be in the highlands of Guatemala in the beautiful, lush, small town of Senahu. We want our participants to truly become a part of this amazing place. That being said, the accommodations will not be a five star hotel. You will have a bed, electricity, and flushing toilets. You will have running water and showers, although we cannot guarantee that they will always be hot. There may be times when the transportation will be no more than a cattle truck with the local people packed in tight. These are normal occurrences when spending time in a third world country, and all part of the cultural experience as you serve and get to know these amazing people. The purpose of this program is to lose yourself in service and the culture. You will be immersed in serving needy, appreciative people and have a huge impact on their lives. Apart from our regularly scheduled workouts, being lost in service will help aid in the weight loss process, as many of the service projects involve manual labor.
- Transportation from Airport
- Daily workouts and routines led by our professional trainers
- Small group training for maximum results (no more than 12 participants per retreat)
- Authentic Mayan Accommodations
- 3 meals and 2 snacks per day. Authentic cuisine prepared with fresh, non processed, whole foods, and delicious tropical fruits
- A weekly excursion to an exciting location (all entrance fees included)
- Guided hikes through the beautiful lush jungle
- Guatemalan cell phone to use for the duration of the stay
- Daily service projects such as:
Working in the local schools
- Fitness gift pack
- Indigenous experiences such as:
Tortilla making lessons
Shadowing an indigenous farmer or house wife for a day
Eating a traditional Mayan meal in a Mayan home
- Lifestyle coaching and motivational workshops
- Complete before and after assessment, including photos, measurements, body fat % and strength tests.
- Amazing weight loss results, new healthy habits, and a new relationship with food
- Basic Spanish Lessons
- Emotional healing and cleansing gained by losing yourself in the service of others
- One month FREE at home follow up program
Monday - Friday
7:00am - 8:30am Daily invigorating hike and workout looking over the beautiful lush mountains. 8:30am - 9:00am Healthy Mayan Breakfast 9:30am - 1:00pm Service work 11:00am Snack and short break 1:00pm - 2:00pm Afternoon Workout 2:00pm - 3:00pm Lunch & Learn 3:00pm - 5:00pm FREE TIME (explore the town, buy souvenirs, call home, use the internet, indigenous experience on Wednesdays, etc) 5:00pm - 6:00pm Evening Workout 6:00pm - 7:00pm Dinner 7:00pm - 7:30pm Personal Study/Reflection/Journal 7:30pm - ... Free time There is no strict bedtime, but we strongly recommend getting at LEAST 8 hours of sleep to mentally and physically prepare you for the next day.
Excursion day! Every Saturday we will embark in a unique - excursion to see places unlike anywhere you have ever seen.
Rest, Reflection Hike, Free Time.
Free Time Activities
Swim in the local fresh water pool Play soccer with the local kids Call/Skype home Play games with other participants Shop in the outdoor market Read Use the internet
Back at Home follow up program
We don’t want you to forget all you learned while you were with us! That is why we offer a follow up program. This includes:
- Accountability- checking in once a week and reporting your progress.
- Support: Speak with our trainers and weight loss specialists each week, have any questions answered, keep your motivation!
- Connect with other alumni! It is fun and inspiring to talk with fellow participants and share what is and isn’t working for us. We can all encourage one another, and participate in weekly “challenges”.
Price: Our follow up program is FREE for the first 4 weeks! If you wish to continue getting this weekly information and support, the cost is only $98.00 per month!
Semuc Champey is a natural water-park in the middle of Guatemala’s rich jungle. Some have called it the 8th wonder of the world. Semuc Champey is a natural monument in the department of Alta Verapaz, Guatemala, near the Q’eqchi’ Maya town of Lanquin. It consists of a natural 300m limestone bridge, under which passes the Cahabon River. Atop the bridge is a series of stepped, turquoise pools,where you can swim, cliff jump, swing on a rope swing or just relax and enjoy the amazing beauty around you. We will take you on an amazing hike to the overlook where you can have a birdseye view of the entire park, and if you are lucky, see some monkeys in the trees!
The most beautiful waterfall and swimming holes in existence. This isn’t something you would ever be able to find on your own, and you won’t find it on the internet as it is completely off the grid. We will guide you on the short hike to the waterfall, and then spend the day playing in the water, swimming behind the waterfall, exploring all of swimming holes, and of course, taking pictures!
Explore the deep, hidden caves of Seamay, Guatemala. This amazing cavern is known only to some local villagers. As you enter the cave you descend the antique Mayan carved staircase into a series of chambers and tunnels. As you continue exploring, you will find ancient formations, small pools and some rare wildlife. Hidden amongst the lush tropical landscape, the Se’amay caves will be an adventure you won’t soon forget!
Rax Ha Waterpark
Rax Há is a newly built waterpark that is located in Panzós, Alta Verapaz. This is a day excursion that will take us down in the valley where the temperature is much higher. Rax Há has an assortment of activities including: crafts, learning to fish with a tortilla, hiking, basketball, volleyball, and swimming. Home to Alta Verapaz’s large